The Men’s Table receives funding in order to provide an accessible program for all men in communities across Australia.
We are grateful for the support from Federal and State Governments, local Councils, Philanthropic foundations and Public Ancillary Funds as well as individual donors.
Below we profile some significant funded projects;
National Suicide Prevention Leadership & Support Program; Australian Government
The Men’s Table is supported by funding by the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care under the National Suicide Prevention Leadership and Support Program.
The program supports the Australian Government’s approach to suicide prevention by funding a range of national projects designed to reduce deaths by suicide across the Australian population, and amongst at risk groups, which includes men.
Relevant program objectives are to:
- deliver suicide prevention programs that have a whole-of-population reach and/or a comprehensive reach into at risk populations and communities;
- facilitate leadership, strategic partnerships and collaboration in the suicide prevention sector;
- build the evidence-base to enable continued improvements in suicide prevention
This project complements the NSW Government’s investment in the Premier’s Priority Towards Zero Suicides that aims to reduce the rate of suicide in NSW by 20 per cent by 2023.
The activity supports the implementation of the Strategic Framework for Suicide Prevention in NSW 2018-2023, the overarching policy for suicide prevention activities in NSW.
The program objectives are to:
- Contribute to the Premier’s Priority to reduce the rate of suicide in NSW communities, inclusive of Aboriginal people, LGBTIQ+ and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities
- Effectively engage with individuals and communities to develop their skills and confidence to reach out and make meaningful connections to support mental health and suicide prevention
- Support men’s mental health and suicide prevention through the development of social connection, sense of belonging and positive relationships