Men’s Table Community Builder
As a supporter of other men in the communities they live in, our Community Builders play a vital role in fostering healthy men, healthy masculinities and healthy communities.
Over 10 years we have learnt – and taught others – how to have meaningful conversations that go deeper than ‘footy and shit’ which is the norm in many male environments.
A Men’s Table is a group of about a dozen men who meet once a month for a meal to talk, listen and share about the highs and lows of their lives in a trusted, non-judgemental and confidential place.
Men turn up for themselves and each other, learning new skills and building lifelong friendships, allowing them to feel connected, supported and more at ease with themselves.
We are growing more Men’s Tables in communities across Australia, and we’d love your help, alongside a small group of men, to start a new Table in your local area.
Is this you?
– Are you keen to contribute and give back to others?
– Are you enthusiastic about community?
– Do you like bringing people together?
– Have you thought about starting a men’s group but didn’t know how to start?
What does it involve?
– Attend an initial info night (an Entrée) available fortnightly online – find dates here
– Learn the simple approaches we’ve discovered to activate men in your community
– Team up with 2 or 3 other local men as CoHosts
– Encourage local men to attend an event and see if The Men’s Table is for them
– Build local relationships to share the benefits of belonging to a Table
– Bring care and attention to the healthy forming of the new group for the first 6 months
What are your gifts and strengths?
– Curious and open with people?
– A good listener?
– Caring and concerned for the welfare of others?
– Interested in how groups function well?
What does this give back to you?
– A sense of connection and belonging with other men
– A safe place to share and be open about what’s really going on for you
– Healthy ways of being a man
– Improved health and wellbeing for yourself and others
Hear from existing volunteers:
Send us an email answering these questions and we’ll contact you to set up a 15-minute phone call to proceed.
– Where are you located? (Location and Postcode)
– What is appealing to you about this invitation?
– In what way does your community need this?
– Why is now a good time for you to do this?
– What gifts and strengths do you bring to this opportunity?
Email your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking forward to talking to you!