Thursday, 15 February 2024
6:00 pm arrival for 6:30 pm sharp kick off – 8:30 pm finish
Come and find out about The Men’s Table, for men interested in being part of a local Men’s Table
“It really gives me a sense of belonging – I feel a part of something” – James, Entree attendee
“A chance to have a different kind of conversation with men from the normal one down at the pub or at work” – Carlos, Entree attendee
The Men’s Table Entree is an introduction to The Men’s Table through open sharing over a relaxed meal.
The Entree event is a chance to meet other men, and to learn about how a Table works. You can decide whether you’d like to be part of a local Men’s Table.
It will be hosted by Ben Hughes, co-founder of The Men’s Table and a long standing member of another Men’s Table. They will share their experiences from their Tables, and respond to your questions, concerns and ideas.
What is the Men’s Table?
The first Men’s Table (MT1) began in 2011 with 12 men who have met once a month for dinner and ever since. It is now growing to become a national organisation in every State and Territory.
The Men’s Table creates a unique environment for men to share openly about their lives, their challenges, their highs and lows with a group of men who they learn to know, like and trust.
The Men’s Table creates a sense of belonging, community, peer support and friendship that is lacking for many men, even for some who already have a group of mates. Let’s get a Table up in Ravenswood.
Belonging to a Men’s Table is a great way to connect with other men.
Started around a simple set of guidelines learned from MT1 and other Tables. All Tables are supported by the Kitchen, a central office.
What can you expect from a typical Men’s Table evening?
Men gain a great deal from sharing and hearing other men’s experiences of life. A typical evening often includes:
- Chatting, catching up as people arrive.
- At 6.30pm, A brief check in.
- As men feel ready, a man shares what is happening for him. This can be anything from moments of joy, happiness, pride, challenges and or obstacles, how things are in relationships, work and friendships, the past, future, sadness, grief. The topics are as wide and varied as men’s life experiences. A persons sharing might be around 10 minutes. Confidentiality is important and it is up to a man if he shares that evening.
- As men share they are listened to and accepted; questions are generally not asked, unless the man would like input at the end.
- ‘Fixing’ of other men after they’ve shared about their lives is discouraged, even though most men want to jump in and offer advice
- Men share from their direct experience, speaking for themselves.
The Entree is an opportunity to meet other men who are thinking of joining and to see if the Men’s Table is a fit for you.
Here is a link to the website to find out more. https://themenstable.org
The Men’s Table is a registered charity. There is no membership fee to be part of a Table; it’s a grass roots activity driven by local men in the community
If you’re interested in being a part of The Men’s Table but can’t make this date and would like to be kept abreast of future gatherings, let us know by emailing us at email@example.com
For more information, contact:
Ben Hughes – 0424 99 33 66
In the Kitchen (office) of the Men’s Table
*** Ravenswood Over 50s Club ***
47-49 Lambert St, Ravenswood
Ticket price includes a meal.
Register below to attend this Entree