Huonville/Ranelagh TAS Entree
Wednesday, 11 Oct 2023
6:00 pm arrival for 6:30 pm sharp kick off – 8:30 pm finish
An introduction to The Men’s Table, through stories and a chat over dinner..
For men interested in starting a Men’s Table in Margate/Kingston.
“I feel very encouraged about the opportunity this presents for men; to come together and be real with each other” – Adam, Entree’ attendee
“Very positive… great way to meet and connect with some other men” – Wayne, Entree’ attendee
The Huonville/Ranelagh Men’s Table Entree is an introduction to The Men’s Table. We will have a chat over a meal and a drink. The cost includes your meal.
Get food in your belly and stuff off your chest
The Entree event is a chance to meet other men, learn about how a Table works, to help you decide whether you’d like to part of this local Men’s Table group.
It will be hosted by a couple of long-standing members of other Men’s Tables, sharing their experiences from their Tables, and responding to your questions, concerns and ideas.
What is the Men’s Table?
The Men’s Table is all about a group of men having the opportunity to go “beyond banter” -beyond the normal surface chats that men often have.
The Men’s Table is growing fast, with more than 150 Tables meeting every month all over Australia, with 13 of those in Tasmania.
The Men’s Table creates a unique environment for men to share openly about their lives, their challenges, their highs and lows with a group of men who they learn to know and trust.
The Men’s Table creates a sense of belonging, community, peer support and camaraderie that is lacking for some men, even those that have a group of mates.
Each Men’s Table will be different, based on the men who come, but based around a simple set of guidelines that we’ve learnt over the years. All Tables are supported by the Kitchen, a central office.
What can you expect from a typical Men’s Table evening?
Men gain a great deal from sharing and hearing other men’s experiences of life. Each Men’s Table group will have its own approach which can change over time. A typical evening often includes:
- Chatting, catching up as people arrive.
- At 630pm, A brief check in.
- As men feel ready, a man shares what is happening for him. This can be anything from moments of joy, happiness, pride, challenges and or obstacles, how things are in relationships, work and friendships, the past, future, sadness, grief. The topics are as wide and varied as the men. A persons sharing might be around 10 minutes. Confidentiality is important and it is up to a man if he shares that evening. Just listening is okay too
- As men share they are listened to and accepted; questions are generally not asked, unless the man would like input at the end.
- ‘Fixing’ of other men after they’ve shared about their lives is actively discouraged, even though most men want to jump in and offer advice
- Men share from their direct experience, speaking for themselves.
You will get a great overview of how it works at the Entree event. The Entree is an opportunity to meet other men who are thinking of joining and to see if the Men’s Table is a fit for you.
Here is a link to the website to find out more. https://themenstable.org
There is no membership fee to be part of a Table; it’s a grass roots activity by men in the local community.
If you’re interested in being a part of The Men’s Table but can’t make this date and would like to know about future meets, let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact your local Tasmanian bloke:
David – 0412 126 006 or email@example.com
Regional Host in the Kitchen (Office) of The Men’s Table
*** 31 Marguerite St ***
31 Marguerite St, Ranelagh TAS 7109
Ticket price includes a meal.
Register below to attend this Entree